Wednesday, September 2, 2009

D.O.C. Monkey's Journey

It was a hot and sunny day, August 15, 2009 to be exact when I became D.O.C. Monkey. My new owners told me that I was named by Ron Reynolds from Bridgestone Metalpha, USA in honor of the United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region’s annual Days of Caring event. You may think it is an unusual name, but it represents all the good work in our community and those in need of assistance.

Little did I know when I was picked from numerous other sock monkeys that I would get to embark on a journey of a lifetime. So far I have traveled to Wal-Mart, to Kroger for groceries, played a round of Bunco and even had my first adjustment by Dr. Kenneth Gilman of Clarksville Chiropractic. During work hours, I have taken the time to get informed on all the good that United Way does, made a pledge and have assisted with other daily office duties.

While learning about United Way, I decided that I was going to make an effort to live united in our community and also teach others how to live united. Now, you may be wondering how a monkey is going to teach anyone how to live united. Here is your answer.

I will be visiting various businesses for a month at a time that support the United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region throughout this year’s campaign. During my stay, my hosts and I will be living united by giving, advocating and volunteering. My goal is to bring happiness to all I come into contact with.

It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future. Together, we can accomplish more than any single group can on its own. Please join me in living united and be a part of the change. Be a part of improving the health, education and income of people in our community.

You can make change happen with your gift, with your voice and with your time. The United Way is advancing the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. That’s what it means to live united. So do something, any little something, as long as it is something.

If you would like to follow my travels, please follow this blog as there will be hints as to where I am living united that month. I challenge each of you to guess where I am. When you figure it out, please call the United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region at 931-647-4291. If you are correct, you win a prize.

Sincerely,
D.O.C Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment